Providing Valuable Advice for Charities on Employment Law, Finance, Marketing and more
April will see the launch of a new series of informative networking events for charities and not for profit organisations in the Sheffield regions.
The Charity Hub is a collaboration between charity specialists Yorkshire Bank, Bhayani HR & Employment Law, insurance brokers – Arthur J. Gallagher and charity, finance, law and governance specialists, CounterCulture.
Recognising the need for good quality support for the third sector in the region, the collaboration has been set up to provide free professional advice on all things charity related – helping them to become stronger and more successful.
Free to attend; donation to charity
The quarterly meetings are free to attend, but a £5 donation per person will be requested; with the funds being donated to one of the attending charities. A range of topics that are key areas of concern for all charities will be covered, including charity law and governance, insurance, HR and employment law, finance, fundraising and grants, trustee issues, branding, marketing and social media, data protection and intellectual property.
Advice for senior charity staff from specialists
The Charity Hub is aimed at charity trustees, chief executive officers and other senior managers in charity and not for profit organisations. Not only will it provide an opportunity to get advice and assistance from specialists and find out what is happening in the charity world, but also for attendees to network and share experiences with peers within the third sector. All events will take place at the Showroom Cafe Bar, 15 Paternoster Row, Sheffield, S1 2BX.
There is 50% discount at Q Park, Charles Street, S1 2NJ. This is a 5-minute walk from Sheffield train station.
14 April 2016 8-10am
- Setting up a Charity and choosing the right legal structure.
- The importance of a Charity’s Objectives and governing documents.
- Employing people- Recruitment, Contracts & Policies & the status of Volunteers.
14 July 2016 8-10am
- Charity Finance and Banking needs
- Fundraising and Grants
- Insurance requirements and risks
13 October 2016 8-10am
- Trustees – Governance, Roles & Responsibilities, Risks & Obligations.
- Performance, Sickness Absence & Avoiding Employment Tribunal claims
12 January 2017 8-10am
- Marketing, PR & Social Media
- Using & sharing personal data & protecting against Cyber crime
- Protecting your Brand- Intellectual Property Guidance for Charities
Breakfast is included and booking is essential, but please hurry as there is already a lot of interest in the events. You can book a place on Eventbrite, or by calling 0114 303 2300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.