8 th – 9 th April 2020
9.00am – 4.30pm
Our new Mental Health First Aid training is brought to you in collaboration with Mental Health First Aid England and Rotherham & Barnsley MIND. Our unique training course includes HR and Managers Resources to take away and implement within your organisation.
Healthy people are happier, more engaged and more productive. Employers across the UK are acting now to support the wellbeing of their people and create mentally healthy businesses.
Stress, anxiety and depression are the biggest cause of sickness absence in our society. Mental ill health is responsible for 91 million working days lost every year.
According to the Centre for Mental Health, simple steps to improve the management of mental health in the workplace will allow employers to save 30% or more of these costs – at least £10 billion a year. This is where we can help.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England training courses teach people to spot the signs of mental health issues, offer initial help and guide a person towards support. We don’t teach people to be therapists, but we do teach people to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
By skilling your organisation in MHFA you can:
- Give your people the tools to keep themselves and their colleagues healthy
- Encourage them to access support when it’s needed, for a faster recovery
- Empower people with a long-term mental health issue or disability to thrive in work
- Stop preventable health issues arising by building a supportive culture around mental health
- Help to embed positive, long term cultural change across your organisation
Who is the training aimed at?
This course is ideal for anyone wanting to become a Mental Health First Aider, including Line Managers, Wellbeing/Mental Health Champions, HR managers and Business Owners.
This two-day course is divided into four specific sections covering:
- Mental Health First Aid, mental health and depression
- Depression and suicidal crisis
- Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self-harm
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
In each section participants will learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental health issue from getting worse, and aid faster recovery
- Guide someone towards the right support
The course fee includes a MHFA Manual, Workbook & Certificate from MHFA England.
Why choose our Mental Health First Aid Course?
Our training is delivered by a qualified instructor who has completed the Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health
Our trainer will provide a safe, inclusive learning environment and is trained to support people throughout the whole course
Our courses are written by experts, grounded in research, and tested by people with lived experience of mental ill-health. Research and evaluation shows that MHFA England courses make a lasting difference in people’s knowledge and confidence around mental health
Join the community of over 2.6 million people around the world who have trained in MHFA skills