If you need to ensure your charity is legally compliant, and you want the most watertight and practical advice from experts, we can help you.
We don’t give textbook legal answers; we make sure our advice is practical and workable for your specific needs! You can contact us to discuss any issue in confidence and we will give you an idea of the cost of the advice and guide you through the minefield of legislation.
Our Charity Law Services include advice on:
- Governance and legal obligations
- Trustee duties – roles and responsibilities
- Governing documents – review and revise
- Legal structures – unincorporated organisations, companies limited by guarantee, charitable incorporated organisations, community interest companies
- Setting up / dissolving a charity
- Writing charitable objects
- Charity Commission enquiries
- Facilitated Trustee and Executive Team training.
Our Charity Law Team
Dr Bev Cross (formerly of VAS) and Helen Evans are Charity Law Solicitors dedicated to this area.
The network is aimed at Charity Trustees, Chief Executive Officers and other senior managers of charities and other not for profit organisations. Our quarterly meetings offer you the opportunity to gain valuable advice and information from specialists, as well as a chance to share experiences with your peers in the third sector. Click here for more information.
Specialist employment law and HR services for the charity sector
Watertight HR & Legal – In your corner
Fixed fee, expert, insurance backed employment law and human resource package bespoke for charities.
Some further areas which you might need help with:
- Being taken to an Employment Tribunal
- Charity Mergers, Transfers and TUPE
- Contracts of Employment and Staff Handbooks
- Changing Contract Terms
- Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures
- Redundancy and Handling Redundancies
- Settlement Agreements
- Trustee Training
- Migrant Workers