Do you ever get asked HR and employment law questions and feel outside your comfort zone?
Over the past year, we have experienced a huge amount of change and as professionals within business services, we have had to adapt quickly to ensure we continue to always deliver a great service to the business and employees we work within, or our clients.
The pandemic has seen a huge amount of pressure placed on accountants and payroll professionals in terms of questions being asked about the employee lifecycle, as well as all of the general payroll queries that have been made more complicated by furlough. Payroll deadlines can cause stress levels to rise and problems with incorrect payments can cause significant issues.
Whether you are new to the industry, an existing professional looking to update your existing employment law knowledge, or you are wanting to further your career at an operational and strategic level, we have designed a series of training sessions guaranteed to upskill you as a payroll professional.
HR & Employment Law training for Payroll professionals
Payroll professionals are likely to be asked a variety of HR/employment law questions on matters that occur throughout what is known as the ‘employee lifecycle’ and we have separated the training sessions into 3 sessions to cover this lifecycle:
- Contracts of employment and policies relevant to working practices.
- Compliance, for example right to work checks, and GDPR regulations on recording and storing employee data.
- Induction Process and necessary training.
- Working pattern and changes to existing terms and conditions.
- Holiday pay entitlement and calculations for full-time and atypical workers.
- Family rights and pay during periods of leave.
- Economic impacts requiring changes within a business leading to furlough lay off or redundancy.
- Sickness periods including the procedures and pay during this time.
Exiting the business:
- How to deal with an employee exiting the business.
- Settlement agreements and tax.
- Notice pay, how much and when should this be paid.
- Holiday pay on termination of the contract.
- Deductions from wages on termination of employment.
- Disputes, i.e. issues with employees failing to work their notice.
- The retention of employee data.
Join us on our 3-stage training session to help you answer those tricky questions!
Our training sessions will take place at the following times:
The cost for each session will be £10 plus vat per attendee and training will be delivered via Zoom.