As an experienced HR and Employment Law firm we have seen first-hand how much HR issues can affect both the employee and the employer.
Our training is very well received by attendees and is delivered by lawyers and HR advisors, with combined knowledge and expertise, in a practical way which works for your business.
We offer bespoke in-house training designed to help you learn more about embedding a wide variety of HR skills into your team and the competencies needed to achieve them.
Showing ownership and visibility around HR and Employment Law is of vast importance to ensure compliance and protect yourself from potential claims at an Employment Tribunal.
The courses focus on the question of what needs to change and what needs to be done to achieve the desired outcome within your organisation.
Some of the training courses we offer are:
- How To Safely Recruit and Induct Employees
- Equality, Diversity & Unconcious Bias
- How to conduct workplace investigations
- How to deal with an underperforming employee
- How to dismiss an employee with minimum risk
- How to effectively manage sickness absence
- Handling difficult conversations
- How to prepare for an employment tribunal
- How to spot and prevent discrimination in the workplace
- Trustee training
- Employment Law updates
- Disciplinary procedures
- Grievance procedures
- Absence management procedures
- Change management
- Employee engagement and retention
- Performance management
- Redundancy and restructures
- Service standards- customer journey and service
- Contracts of Employment and policies
- Sector specific courses – hospitality, law firms, education
- Introduction to Employment Law
- HR essentials
- 2 Day Mental Health First Aid Course
- Mental Health Discrimination Webinar
These are just a few of our recent training sessions but if you have a specific need for a course then please don’t hesitate to enquire.
We like to tailor all our training sessions to meet the needs of the organisation, so we would go through your specific requirements and develop a course to meet those requirements.
How is the training given?
All our training courses are given by experienced professionals who have first-hand experience of both bringing and defending claims in the Employment Tribunal.
We offer a range of methods to help participants develop both skills and knowledge. These include direct formal input, small and large group discussions and exercises and case study material.
Who should attend the courses?
We recommend that all employees who are in a managerial role receive training on all aspects of HR and Employment Law so that they have a clear understanding of how to manage their staff effectively
At the very least, all directors, HR managers and trustees should undergo training to enable them to filter any information down to their teams.
We are happy to come to you to undertake training at a time and place which suits you and your team. We can also arrange for a suitable venue if you would prefer to do the training off site.
“Excellent. Very informative session”
“I found the session very useful. We are currently a small organisation but as we continue to grow it will be useful to gain a better understanding of Employment Law”
“Great session, nice pace, very informative”
“A great session which will help me to run diagnostics on where the company is at the moment and what we need to do to improve ourselves”
“Thoroughly enjoyed the session – made loads of notes, lots to think about and do”
“Brilliant session – informative!”
“Very useful session. Brought things to my attention that I had not considered before”
“Interesting and enjoyable – highly relevant”