Kathryn is the firm’s Senior HR Advisor with a wealth of experience in employee relations, recruitment, employee development and training and leadership.
Over the last 15 years her employment history has been in the hospitality sector, working as a general manager and HR advisory role for a national restaurant chain. This experience lends itself well to other industry sectors as Kathryn needed to have an eye for detail, understand business needs and deal with sensitive issues in a fast paced and often high turnover sector. Kathryn thinks commercially, quickly and creatively to resolve people issues, which is our mission at Bhayani Law!
Kathryn has dealt with a broad range of HR matters including conducting disciplinary and grievance hearings, robust investigations, consultations over changes of pay and terms, TUPE transfers and managing performance and sickness absence.
In addition to her generalist HR experience, Kathryn has specific knowledge and experience of the restaurant trade which will be invaluable to clients in this sector. Kathryn can investigate and assist to:
- Monitor and review sales performance in line with budgets and other targets and actively drive sales.
- Optimise restaurant contribution through careful control of all costs.
- Build and develop a complete “business family tree” by recruiting candidates (internal and external) using agreed objectives and performance review processes including running recruitment days recruiting for all levels of job.
- Train managers on all aspects of HR and help with the induction of new staff.
- Develop, coach and support all members of a restaurant (or other) team to deliver excellent service standards.
- Develop the business customer journey and train staff on this.
Kathryn is a CIPD Associate member and has undergone CIPD qualifications to help our clients best deal with all Human Resource issues. She sits as a committee member on the South Yorkshire branch CIPD committee.
Kathryn’s role includes supporting clients within the firm’s Watertight plan and preparation of contracts and policies as well as conducting investigations, disciplinary and grievance hearings. She will also be “parachuted in” to help with our clients HR needs on a part time or project basis where needed.