Rebecca is an experienced company and commercial solicitor with over 20 years in the law under her belt. She has advised on a wide variety of commercial matters at firms across the region, and as in-house counsel for national and global manufacturing and service companies.
Rebecca’s clients have ranged from start-ups, small businesses and charities to global PLCs. That wealth of experience means she is an adaptable and versatile advisor. Rebecca’s clients find her level-headed, pragmatic and reassuring whilst offering a high level of practical legal expertise.
Rebecca’s approach is about listening carefully to clients, understanding what they want to achieve, exploring all options and risks with them, and helping them to get a practical and cost-effective outcome.
Rebecca describes herself as a general company, commercial lawyer but what does that really mean?
By way of explanation here are some examples of the types of work Rebecca regularly handles and if your query is not on this list she probably has some experience to help you or will be able to guide you in a practical way.
Rebecca’s portfolio includes:
Business life cycle Corporate level matters:
- Shareholder / Investor Agreements
- Share Options
- Joint venture arrangements – set up, agreements, trading arrangements with third parties, compliance (see below)
- Partnership agreements
- LLP agreements
- Other co sec matters out of the norm
- Inter-company agreements
Later in the business journey:
- Branding and website set up legal aspects
- Employee share schemes set up / share options
- Issuing more shares
- Share transfers / Share buy backs
- Company secretarial assistance as relevant to instructions
- Asset sales/purchases and Share sales/purchases
Dealing with Third Parties Customers:
- T&C for goods and services / Framework agreements
- Website T&C including T&C for e-commerce
- T&C of purchase
- Due diligence projects
- Data Protection – audits, documents, notices, policies, training
- Criminal Finance Act (anti-tax facilitation) – risk assessment, policy, training
- Website audits
- Intellectual property: trademarks, patents – general help and assignment / licensing
- Agency / Distribution / Introduction agreements
- Review and negotiation of any other commercial documents/contracts
Rebecca lives in the Peak District with her husband and 2 children and in her spare time, she enjoys local walks and running about with Tideswell Running Club.